At the close of this Tuesday, Cuba reported 73 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 4,876 since March; one deceased and 12 medical discharges, Dr. Francisco Duran Garcia, national director of Epidemiology of the Ministry of Public Health (Minsap), reported this Wednesday at a press conference.
Duran specified that 1,783 people remain in clinical-epidemiological surveillance: 62 in surveillance, 1,087 suspects and 634 confirmed.
During the day on Tuesday 7,939 samples were studied in all the molecular biology laboratories of the country, for a cumulative of 508,224 tests carried out since the beginning of the pandemic.
73 people were diagnosed with the disease, and the total number of confirmed cases since March 11 is 4,876 (0.96%).
From the 73 new diagnosed cases
- 50 are Cuban
- 23 foreigners (Indian construction workers located in the country)
- 70 were contacts of confirmed cases
- 3 have no identified source of infection and 72 accumulated in the last 15 days with no specified source of infection
- 50 of the 73 are male and 23 are female
- 52 of the 73 cases (71.2%) were asymptomatic at the time of diagnosis
- 6 cases belong to pediatric ages,
- from 20-39 years 36 people were diagnosed,
- 27 from 40-59 years,
- and four people in the group of 60 years and over
Residence by provinces of the 73 confirmed cases
- 47 are from Havana
- 19 are from Ciego de Avila
- 4 are from Artemisa
- 1 of Mayabeque
- 1 from Matanzas
- 1 of Sancti Spiritus
From the total of 4,876 cases diagnosed in Cuba
- 89.6% of all confirmed people in the country have previously confirmed cases as a source of infection
- 434 have a source of infection abroad
- 50.1% of all cases are men and 49.9% women
- 59.1% of all cases have been totally asymptomatic at the time of diagnosis, a percentage that increases to 61.8% in the last 15 days
- 497 infected children accumulated, and of them 439 are discharged at this time with stable evolution
- Active 634 (13%) remain admitted
- 617 have a stable clinical course
- There are 109 deaths due to COVID-19, for a lethality of 2.24%
- Two evacuees
- 4131 medical discharges accumulate (12 in the day)
- 5 critical patients and 12 seriously ill are reported.
Regarding the deceased reported this day, the specialist specified that it is a 71-year-old patient, from the municipality of Ciego de Avila, with some associated diseases.
He began with symptoms on September 5, and on the 6th he was admitted. On the 8th, he was admitted to intensive care at the Camaguey military hospital due to complications, and he stayed there for seven days.
His clinical diagnosis worsened and he unfortunately passed away. He made a cardio-respiratory arrest without being able to revive him. The specialist conveyed his condolences to his family and friends.
(Translated by Yeney Perez Corona)